Question About Tint

Come here to discuss anything on the topic of our highly regarded Driver School program.
GreasyGinzo

Question About Tint

Post by GreasyGinzo »

What is the deal with window tint needing to be approved for the Club Races? What % is allowed and not allowed and also what difference does the tint make anyway? I want to sign up for the Summit Point event by all my windows are tinted.

edw1

Post by edw1 »

We are not worried about you seeing the track. We want other drivers to see you, your hand signals, where you are looking, and through your car. If your car has aftermarket tint, the tech crew wants to look at it BEFORE you are at the track so you have time to fix any issues. I have seen more than one car sent home from the tech line for window tint.
ImageImage

GreasyGinzo

Post by GreasyGinzo »

So what % is not allowed? I have 20% on the rear 3 windows and 5% on the driver and passenger door windows and an 8" strip of 5% on the windshield.

edw1

Post by edw1 »

Vic, our chief of tech will have to look at it.

If I had to guess without seeing anything, I think the 20% on the rear glass will be the biggest issue for you. The front side windows will be down. The rear side windows are not very important, and the 8" strip across the top of the front glass is typical for a track or race car.
ImageImage

GreasyGinzo

Post by GreasyGinzo »

With the windows down you can clearly see in through the back of the car. Where is this guy at and how can I get him to check out my situation?

edw1

Post by edw1 »

GreasyGinzo wrote:With the windows down you can clearly see in through the back of the car. Where is this guy at and how can I get him to check out my situation?
Driving School Committee, Chief of Tech
http://www.njbmwcca.org/about/officers.php

I'm sure Vic will see this in the forum but you should contact him directly via the link above.
ImageImage

GreasyGinzo

Post by GreasyGinzo »

Thanks for the help...I just sent Vic a pm. I will see what he has to say.